CUNA has received nine nominations for the special election to fill the vacancy on its Board for the District 3, Class A position, three who are affiliated with the LSCU, from:
- Thomas G. Flowers, CEO, Calhoun Liberty Employees CU in Blountstown, FL;
- Ronaldo Hardy, President/CEO, Southwest Louisiana CU in Lake Charles, LA;
- Rhonda Hotard, President/CEO, Louisiana FCU in Laplace, LA
- Paul Hughes, President, Greenville FCU in Greenville, SC; and
- Michelle Jinks, President/CEO, Access of Louisiana FCU in Sulphur, LA;
- Patrick J. Mason, President/CEO of SUN CU in Hollywood, FL;
- Joshua W. Poole, President/CEO, BRECO FCU in Baton Rouge, LA;
- Ron Smith, President/CEO/Chief Security Officer of Enbright CU in Nashville, TN; and
- Suzanne Weinstein, President/CEO, Orlando FCU in Orlando, FL.
The nominations period for this election closed on Friday, July 13. Ballots were sent to eligible District 3, Class A credit unions on Wednesday, July 18 via USPS and electronically. Voting will close at 5 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, Aug. 23. Election results will be announced on Friday, Aug. 24.
The CUNA Board voted to hold a special election when the seat became vacant in early June. The position will expire at the adjournment of the Annual General Meeting in 2021.