CUNA has received nine nominations for the special election to fill the vacancy on its Board for the District 3, Class A position, three who are affiliated with the LSCU, from:
- Thomas G. Flowers, CEO, Calhoun Liberty Employees CU in Blountstown, FL;
- Ronaldo Hardy, President/CEO, Southwest Louisiana CU in Lake Charles, LA;
- Rhonda Hotard, President/CEO, Louisiana FCU in Laplace, LA
- Paul Hughes, President, Greenville FCU in Greenville, SC; and
- Michelle Jinks, President/CEO, Access of Louisiana FCU in Sulphur, LA;
- Patrick J. Mason, President/CEO of SUN CU in Hollywood, FL;
- Joshua W. Poole, President/CEO, BRECO FCU in Baton Rouge, LA;
- Ron Smith, President/CEO/Chief Security Officer of Enbright CU in Nashville, TN; and
- Suzanne Weinstein, President/CEO, Orlando FCU in Orlando, FL.
If you would like to contact Pat, Suzanne or Thomas, about their candidacy, please reach out to them at Thomas G. Flowers, Patrick J. Mason, or Suzanne Weinstein.
The nominations period for this election closed on Friday, July 13. Ballots were sent to eligible District 3, Class A credit unions on Wednesday, July 18 via USPS and electronically. Voting will close at 5 PM Eastern Time on Thursday, Aug. 23. Election results will be announced on Friday, Aug. 24.
The CUNA Board voted to hold a special election when the seat became vacant in early June. The position will expire at the adjournment of the Annual General Meeting in 2021.