Two top-ranked state officials are slated to give not-to-be-missed legislative updates during the Florida Credit Union Association’s 2021 Virtual Florida Advocacy Conference on March 24 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
“We know these engaging speakers will be ideal for giving our credit unions an idea of the current legislative outlook in Florida,” said John Rothell, senior director of governmental affairs for LSCU. “I’m interested to hear what they have to say — and I hope you will be too.”
Florida’s Chief Financial Officer Jimmy Patronis will update attendees on Florida’s outlook, how we came through the pandemic and a peek at things on the horizon in 2021. Later in the day, Florida’s Speaker of the House Chris Sprowls will give attendees his unique perspective on the legislative session as it nears its midway point. Participants will also have the pleasure of hearing insights from the Commission of Florida’s Office of Financial Regulation Russell Weigel.
Florida Advocacy Conference attendees will also:
- Learn more about advocacy issues impacting your credit union and members on the federal and state level
- Receive important updates from the Florida Office of Financial Regulation
- Engage with Florida legislators, elected officials, LSCU advocacy staff and other credit unions
- Actively participate in grassroots political action
- Join in a Regulatory Roundtable discussion with representatives from Florida’s Office of Financial Regulation and the National Credit Union Administration
- Visit with lawmakers during the virtual hill visits
“I’ve been going to the Florida Advocacy Conference for years – and I wouldn’t miss it,” said Mary Ott Wood, president/CEO of Florida West Coast Credit Union. “It’s such a great opportunity for credit unions to tell their unique stories to our legislators about the positive impact we have on the financial wellbeing of our members. I cannot state enough how informative and important this conference is each year.”
Attendance costs $99 per credit union employee and $59 per Young Professional Group member.