If you haven’t yet made plans to attend the 2019 State Advocacy Conference for Alabama or Florida, we have just one question for you – what are you waiting for? If you still need a little convincing, the LSCU & Affiliates advocacy team presents you with The Top Ten Reasons to Attend the 2019 State Advocacy Conference:
10. Get Inspired – learn more about the legislative process and encourage others at your credit union to get engaged in advocacy efforts.
9. Professional and Personal Growth – an investment in your personal development is the best investment you can make.
8. Job Security – after all, if you don’t advocate for and protect your industry, who will?
7. Build Genuine Personal Connections – start and strengthen relationships with industry thought-leaders and elected officials.
6. Position Yourself as an Expert – go ahead, develop a reputation… as someone others look up to.
5. Have Fun – make doing business, with other people helping people, rewarding and fun!
4. Learn Something New – the exchange of ideas is invaluable, and you can’t afford to miss out.
3. Make a Difference – persuading lawmakers to support credit unions is critical to our movement.
2. Become a lobbyist – hey, it looks fun on TV, right?
And the number one top reason for attending the 2019 State Advocacy Conference is (drumroll please)…
- It’s Important! – Every year the bankers send people to the Capitol in droves to lobby against credit unions. We need our grassroots army to show our strength and advocate FOR credit unions!
Registration is now open to attend the 2019 Alabama Advocacy Conference, March 19–20 in Montgomery, AL, and the 2019 Florida Advocacy Conference, March 26–27 in Tallahassee, FL. We can’t wait to see you there!