This week in Washington, the House will consider H.R. 6, the American Dream and Promise Act of 2019. In addition, the House will likely vote on H.R. 2157, the Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Act of 2019. This bill includes a provision that would extend the NFIP through the end of the fiscal year, Sept. 30, 2019.
The Senate is expected to consider S. 1332, which would set forth the congressional budget levels for Fiscal Year 2020. This bill is being offered by Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY). The Senate is also expected to consider the nomination of Andrew Saul to be commissioner of Social Security.
Several meetings in Committee this week will be of interest, including meetings June 4:
- The Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee will hold a hearing: “Confronting Threats from China: Assessing Controls on Technology and Investment, and Measures to Combat Opioid Trafficking.”
- The House Committee on Ways and Means will hold a hearing: “Members’ Day Hearing.”
- The House Committee on Financial Services will hold a hearing: “Promoting American Jobs: Reauthorization of the U.S. Export-Import Bank.”
- The House Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions will hold a hearing: “Threats to Stability: Considering the Systemic Risk of Leveraged Lending.”
- The Subcommittees of the House Committee on Armed Services will hold separate markups of H.R. 2500, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020.
On Wednesday, the House Committee on Armed Services will hold a full committee markup of H.R. 2500, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2020.
Read the full Washington Wire here.