The African-American Credit Union Coalition’s (AACUC) “Commitment to Change” virtual event, created to increase the strength of the global credit union community, is planned as a five-part series, Monday, Aug. 10 – Friday, Aug. 14. It will feature daily 90-minute virtual sessions led by expert panelists and speakers representing financial services, social justice, mental health and academia. It will include young professional events, after-hours virtual networking, a vendor exhibit hall and a spiritual Saturday event.
Suncoast Credit Union in Tampa, Fla., is hosting the event, and PSCU in St. Petersburg, Fla., is sponsoring the series, which is designed to inspire and empower credit union professionals to lead with a mindset of diversity, equity and inclusion during these challenging racial and public health crises to better represent and serve communities of color.
Topics and times include:
- Handling Emotions & Healing a Community – Monday, August 10 at 3 p.m. ET.
- Leadership in Times of Crisis – Tuesday, Aug. 11, 3 p.m. ET
- Taking Action to Affect Change – Wednesday, Aug, 12, 3 p.m. ET
- Road to Financial Equality Thursday, Aug.13, 3 p.m. ET
- Here, Now, Forever DEI – Friday, Aug. 14, 3 p.m. ET
- Register here.