As we prepare for the LSCU & Affiliates’ biggest credit union event of the year with SCUCE in Orlando this month, the League has taken steps to ensure that all attendees, staff, vendors, etc., conduct themselves in a professional manner, which reflects the high standards of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates, as well as Alabama and Florida credit unions.
We believe unity and cooperation are paramount to the continued success of our industry. To make possible true collaboration, creativity, innovation, and idea sharing, we are committed to facilitating a welcoming and respectful environment for all that attend our meetings, conferences and events, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, physical appearance, or career level.
LSCU & Affiliates’ management, working with the Board Governance Committee, has drafted this Code of Conduct to share our expectations, which apply to all participants, including but not limited to attendees, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at LSCU & Affiliates’ events. This Code of Conduct applies to all components of events, including those sponsored by organizations other than LSCU & Affiliates but held in conjunction with LSCU & Affiliates events, in public or private facilities.
- All participants, attendees, LSCU & Affiliates staff, and vendors are treated with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, LSCU & Affiliates staff, and suppliers/vendors.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert staff if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Dress and behave in a professional manner.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotels, LSCU & Affiliates-contracted facility, or any other venue.
- Harassment, sexual harassment, bullying, or discrimination in any form will not be tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, LSCU & Affiliates staff, service provider, or other event guest.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, or ethnic slurs.
- Verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, LSCU & Affiliates staff, service provider, or other event guest.
- Unwanted touching, hugging, or sexual advances of any kind.
- Being intoxicated in any event venue or function. Please drink responsibly.
- Wearing clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, inappropriate, or otherwise potentially offensive.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- LSCU & Affiliates staff (or their designee) or security may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the event without warning or refund.
- LSCU & Affiliates reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
- If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please immediately notify LSCU & Affiliates staff or director.
- Notification can be done by emailing your concern to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone experiencing or witnessing behavior that constitutes an immediate or serious threat to public safety is advised to contact 911 and locate a hotel/facility phone and ask for assistance.
I invite you to contact me directly with any concerns or comments you may have. Let’s all be mindful and respectful in all official and unofficial settings. Additionally, let’s have a great 10th anniversary SCUCE! See you all in Orlando soon.