If your credit union could use a brush-up on the Bank Secrecy Act (and who couldn’t?), you won’t want to miss the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Virtual Workshop from May 4 until May 5.
This informative workshop hosted by LSCU in conjunction with the Nebraska Credit Union League and the Michigan Credit Union League & Affiliates will offer two days of virtual classes. Participants will log on the first day from 9 a.m. until 12:25 p.m. to work on the basics of BSA. This half-day session is meant to meet the mandatory BSA trainig requirement under the regulation. Topics will include:
- What Makes up a BSA Program: The 5 Pillars
- CTRs and SARs
- Your Job and BSA: AML, OFAC and other Suspicious Activity
The second day features a full-day session (9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.) meant for BSA officers that will feature talks from regulators and other BSA experts. Topics include:
- How to Build an Effective BSA Program
- To SAR or not to SAR: That is the Question
- 314B Information Sharing and Why it is Important to Your Credit Union
- How to Build a BSA Risk Assessment
Registration for the May 4 session costs $79 per person while registration for the May 5 session costs $149. Registration to attend both session costs $199 per person.