Spring is just around the corner and marks a time of new beginnings and growth. It’s a great time for your credit union to look at ways to help others. The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation (SECUF) is dedicated to improving lives by helping credit unions better serve their members and communities with an emphasis on financial literacy, professional development and education, and disaster relief.
How can your credit union and you help support or become more involved with the SECUF?
- Invite us to speak at a Chapter and/or Young Professional meeting.
- Set up a fundraiser specifically for the foundation.
- Choose to give your “fair share,” the easiest way to support the SECUF. A “fair share” donation is equal to just $.05 per member. Contact SECUF Director Juli Lewis for an invoice.
- Host a Cash Hash forum and/or a reality fair at your credit union or local meeting space.
- Join CU Commit2bFit (a new Facebook group dedicated to helping credit union employees, members, family, and friends to lead healthy lifestyles, get physically and fiscally fit, and achieve goals).
- Have your employees and members participate in SECUF events throughout the year.
Contact SECUF Director Juli Lewis for more information and for scheduling.