JMFA is excited to host a Does Your Overdraft Strategy Need a Reboot? webinar on October 20, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. CT which will cover the latest hot topics regarding overdraft strategies. The webinar is designed to be informational and educational and a valuable session for credit unions.
Take a closer look at overdraft (courtesy pay) programs with CUNA Strategic Services President, Barb Lowman. Along with JMFA’s CEO, John Cohron and EVP of Compliance Review, Cheryl Lawson, Barb will cover current legislative efforts and recent criticisms of overdraft strategies, including excessive fees and disclosure issues.
Key areas of discussion include:
- What to make of the renewed legislative activity and criticism
- How to responsibly address consumer concerns
- Challenges and misconceptions to overcome
- The consequences of not offering an overdraft service or doing away with it
- Ways to reduce regulatory risk and fulfill expectations from regulators, examiners, and consumers
You will also gain insight into how a socially responsible overdraft privilege service delivers value and financial stability, based on direct feedback from credit unions.