Vining Sparks will present a webinar on April 23 at 10 a.m. CT, “Balance Sheet Management in the Current Markets for Credit Unions,” exclusively for credit unions. This is the fourth in the 2020 webinar series and will be conducted by Ricky Brillard, a senior vice president in the Investment Strategies Group at ICBA Securities.
Economic conditions deteriorated in the U.S. and globally with a the likelihood of a recession increasing as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Depending on its duration, the coronavirus could significantly disrupt the operating environment for credit unions and lower rates will almost certainly pressure net interest margins and profitability. We recognize that this crisis causes significant challenges for your institution, but we also know that at times like this, calm and objective analysis is crucial. During this webinar, we will discuss effective balance sheet and investment portfolio strategies that can be implemented during these challenging times.
What You Will Learn:
• An overview of current economic and market conditions
• Balance sheet, interest rate risk and profitability trends in the credit union industry
• Why falling rates negatively impact earnings and value
• How to build and execute balance sheet strategies
• Current relative value opportunities available in the bond market
• Investment and funding strategies that improve current performance
The webinar will last approximately one hour. Register here.