JMFA will host a webinar to answer the question, “Does your overdraft strategy have the right perspective?,” on Sept. 25 from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. CT. After five consecutive years of year-over-year increases, credit unions experienced a drop in overdraft revenue earlier this year. Coupled with ongoing regulatory review of overdraft rules, a recent spike in Overdraft/NSF Fee demand letters alleging deceptive practices and excessive fees have targeted credit unions.
Is it time to take a look at your overdraft strategy to make sure you’re getting optimal results, maintaining full compliance, and providing the best service for your members?
The webinar is presented by Cheryl Lawson, Executive Vice President of Compliance Review at John M. Floyd & Associates. This informative session will benefit chief executive officers, chief financial officers, compliance officers, operations staff, and member services/retail staff.
Key takeaways include:
- Regulatory compliance and industry trends related to overdraft services
- Key performance indicators for more successful overdraft program results
- The role of next generation analytics and reporting capabilities in program management, goal-setting and problem-solving strategies
- The correlation between ongoing employee education and greater program outcomes
- Keys to more informed member choice and better service experiences