The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is excited to bring you a Bankruptcy for Lenders: Chapter 11 & Subchapter V, The Small Business Reorganization Act webinar on September 21, 2021. This 90-minute webinar will explain what you need to know about Chapter 11 and SBRA, including related potential pitfalls and traps. This timely session will benefit loan officers, loan operations personnel, credit administration staff, collectors, attorneys, managers, and others involved in the bankruptcy process.
After this webinar you’ll be able to:
- Distinguish between a regular Chapter 11 bankruptcy and a SBRA bankruptcy filing under Subchapter V of Chapter 11
- Identify your institution’s rights under a traditional Chapter 11 and the SBRA
- Determine the appropriate steps when your borrower files a Chapter 11 bankruptcy– especially early on in the case
- Understand key elements and conditions of the debtor’s reorganization plan
- Challenge the debtor’s cramdown based on the collateral valuation and financial projections
MEET THE PRESENTER
Eric L. Johnson, JD
Spencer Fane LLP
Eric Johnson is a partner at Spencer Fane LLP. He represents financial institutions in bankruptcy, non-bankruptcy insolvency proceedings, such as receiverships and foreclosure proceedings, out-of-court workouts and restructurings, and other insolvency matters. An experienced litigator, Eric also represents clients in complex insolvency related litigation, including bankruptcy avoidance actions and other adversarial or contested matters. He is a member of the panel of Chapter 7 trustees for the Western District of Missouri and has served as a federal equity receiver. He holds a bachelor’s from the University of Northern Iowa and a JD from the University of Iowa College of Law.