The League of Southeastern Credit Unions and Affiliates (LSCU) is pleased to announce the new chairman and executive committee following its 12th Annual Business Meeting. They are as follows:
- Chairman – Kevin Johnson, President/CEO, Suncoast Credit Union, Tampa, Fla.
- Chair-Elect – Henry Armstrong, President/CEO of Auburn University Credit Union, Auburn, Ala.
- Vice Chairman – Hank Halter, CEO of Delta Community Credit Union, Atlanta, Ga.
- Secretary – Richard Skaggs, President/CEO of USF Federal Credit Union, Tampa, Fla.
- Treasurer – Caryl Greene, President/CEO of Members First Credit Union of Florida, Pensacola, Fla.
Kevin Johnson, president/CEO of Suncoast Credit Union succeeds Brian Akin, president/CEO of North Georgia Credit Union who served as the chair for the last year.
“I’m looking forward to this new position and responsibility with LSCU,” says incoming chairman Kevin Johnson. “Brian was able to help navigate the back end of 2020, which we all know was no small feat. I know Brian and the LSCU team have taken the right steps to make sure the League continues with strong financials while maintaining the level of support affiliated credit unions have learned to expect. Given my experience with the credit union industry and the League, I am honored to take over as the chair as it allows me to continue with an outstanding team.”
“This is a bittersweet ‘changing of the guard’ for LSCU. We induct our new board members but have to say goodbye to former directors,” explains LSCU CEO Patrick La Pine. “Incoming directors include Ola Anise, president/CEO of Azalea City Credit Union, Jan Page, president/CEO of Community South Credit Union and Timothy Antonition, president/CEO of Space Coast Credit Union. We know these industry experts will be great contributors to LSCU and the credit union movement.”
LSCU wishes a warm farewell to the outgoing directors and thanks them for their time and expertise:
- Jeanette Keller, president/CEO of Blue Flame Credit Union located in Mobile, Ala.
- Alvin “AC” Cowans, president/CEO of McCoy Federal Credit Union in Orlando, Fla.
- Nancy Rappaport, president/CEO of Priority One Credit Union in Sunrise, Fla.