The League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is excited to bring you a Security Officer Reports to the Board: Timing, Contents & Requirements webinar on December 9, 2021 from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m., ET. This 90-minute webinar will provide the tools, tips, and knowledge security officers need.
This informative session was designed for auditors, security officers, risk management staff, senior management, and board members responsible for the security function.
After this webinar you’ll be able to:
- Report foreseeable events that could bring liability against the board
- Identify information that should be reported to the board annually
- Present major problems to the board with limited time
- Explain why the security officer/risk management department should report to the board in person
- Understand what is included in the security function
- Keep records that will make board reporting easier
MEET THE PRESENTER
|Barry Thompson, CRCM
Thompson Consulting Group, LLC
Barry Thompson is an international speaker, trainer, consultant, and writer. He is a security and compliance “guru” for a leading national training organization and regularly presents security conferences for trade groups – he has trained over 51,000 financial professionals.
Barry is recognized worldwide, presenting in Brussels, Belgium to European bankers on internal fraud; at the United Nations on identity theft; and to Japanese bankers on bank security. Barry has worked in the financial services industry for over four decades, and has held the positions of security officer, compliance officer, treasurer, senior vice president, and executive vice president. He has handled over 900 security cases and has been involved with investigations and prosecutions at the federal, state, and local levels. Barry is the author of 101 Security Tips for the Beginning Security Officer and has been interviewed by Newsweek, Computer World, USA Today, and other national publications.