In a two-part free webinar series open to anyone in the credit union industry, “Be Better. Do Better” is a candid conversation on diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), co-presented by the Heartland Credit Union Association (HCUA) and the African-American Credit Union Coalition (AACUC).
On Feb. 16 and March 16, the series will bring industry experts together to discuss best practices, why the credit union industry needs to address DEI challenges and what actions we can take to become more inclusive personally, in our credit unions and in our communities. The panels will be moderated by Renee Sattiewhite, CEO of AACUC.
Part I: Be Better – Feb. 16 at Noon CT
Panelists will discuss why we need to be better as an industry how 2021 will give us the opportunity to do so. Panelists are:
- Angela Russell, VP of diversity, equity and inclusion, CUNA Mutual Group
- Cathie Mahon, president/CEO, Inclusiv
- Victor Miquel Corro, CEO, Coopera
Part II: Do Better – March 16 at Noon CT noon
Experts in the field will share their DEI journey, success stories and challenges, plus actions steps credit unions can take to do better. Panelists are:
- Larry Sewell, VP of corporate partnerships and advocacy, Together Credit Union (St. Louis, Mo.) and Chair of AACUC
- Maria Martinez, president/CEO Border Federal Credit Union (Del Rio, Texas) and Chair of the Network of Latino Credit Unions and Professionals (NLCUP)
- Kirk Mills, president/CEO, St. Louis Community Credit Union (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Michelle Wood, VP of culture and DEI, Mazuma Credit Union (Lenexa, Kan.)