2018 Incident Highlights based on various resources include:
- 95% of breaches could have been prevented (ISOC)
- 3.2% decrease in reported breach incidents (RBS)
- 5 billion records exposed, a 35.9% decrease (RBS)
- $8 billion financial impact of ransomware (CV)
- 12% rise in business targeted ransomware (Symantec)
- $12.5 billion in global EAC/BEC losses since 2013 (FBI)
According to an article in CPO Magazine, “One thing that all of this data on cyber attack trends suggests is that criminals are shifting from large-scale, indiscriminate attempts on lots of individuals to more focused attacks directed specifically at businesses that have significant resources. For example, businesses were targeted by ransomware 12% more frequently in 2018 and the losses to it shot up from about $2 billion to $8 billion in just one year.”
Read the full story here.
LEVERAGE offers cybersecurity solutions to help product your credit union. Click here for details.