Your credit union could be represented on the national level, becoming an organization of influence. The National Credit Union Foundation is seeking nominations for five board seats. Volunteers may serve up to three terms in the seat to which they are selected, as long as they are re-nominated by the Foundation Nominations Committee and re-elected by the Foundation Board. Term length varies by seat.
The qualifications for the five Foundation Board seats are as follows:
- Seat 1 – CUNA Board Representative.
- Seat 4 – Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 7 – Credit union executive or director. The candidate must be an executive officer or director of a credit union.
- Seat 10 – Credit union executive or director.
- Seat 16 – Credit union executive or director or system affiliate or at-large.
The five Foundation Board seats are currently occupied by the following:
- Seat 1 – Maria LaVelle, CEO of pheple Federal Credit Union in Greensburg, PA, is retiring from the CUNA and the Foundation Board after completing an unexpired term on the Foundation Board;
- Seat 4 – Angela McCathran, President/CEO at People’s Trust Federal Credit Union in Houston, Texas is completing her second three-year term;
- Seat 7 – Carlyn Roy, President/CEO of Tapco Credit Union in Fircrest, WA, is completing her first three-year term on the Foundation Board;
- Seat 10 – Vacant, previously held by Kathy Garner, President/CEO at Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union in Plano, Texas;
- Seat 16 – Howard Spencer, Director of Northland Area Federal Credit Union in Oscoda, MI, is completing his second, third-year on the Foundation Board.
McCathran, Roy and Spencer have all expressed their intent to run as incumbents for the seats they currently hold.
How to Apply