On August 31, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) issued a press release announcing The FHLBank System at 100: Focusing on the Future initiative. This initiative includes two public listening sessions and a series of roundtable discussions intended to evaluate the mission, membership eligibility requirements, and operational effectiveness of the Federal Home Loan Banks. FHFA will also accept written comments via mail or submission through its website.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (FHLBank Atlanta) welcomes this initiative and believes the most important element will be the input from its members and stakeholders, as they will be the most impacted, for better or worse, by any changes to the mission or role of the FHLBank System. FHLBank Atlanta encourages you to participate in this conversation and have your voice heard.
Throughout its history, the FHLBank System has played a critical role in providing liquidity to its members and supporting housing finance and community development through all economic conditions. The FHFA’s initiative provides a valuable opportunity for you to engage in a healthy discussion on the unique role and benefits the System has provided to you and how the mission and membership requirements of the System might be enhanced or optimized to continue helping you meet the needs of your communities.
- The first listening session will take place on September 29, 2022 from 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., both in person in Washington, D.C. and virtually. Please register today [eventbrite.com] if you are interested in participating in a session.
- Additionally, the FHFA is accepting written comments through October 21, 2022 – either through its website or by mail. If you are interested in providing written comments, FHFA’s website link and mailing address are below.
- There is currently no further information on the locations or dates for the regional roundtables, but that information will be shared when it becomes available.
- Listening Session registration [eventbrite.com]
- Written Comment website link [fhfa.gov]
- Written Comment mailing address: Federal Housing Finance Agency, 400 7th Street, SW, Washington, D.C. 20024