The Foundation is now seeking nominations for the 2022 Wegner Awards. We are looking to the credit union movement to nominate some incredible individuals and organizations for the 33rd annual Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented during our fundraising gala. We enjoyed celebrating with you and catching up with past award winners during our virtual Foundation Celebration, and we can’t wait to celebrate in person!
“2022 — the year we will be back together in person to celebrate our credit union movement!” said Gigi Hyland, Executive Director at the Foundation. “Through all of our challenges these past 14 months, credit union leaders have stepped up, leveraged their cooperative principles and values and are finding ways to bolster and sustain their employees’, members’ and communities’ financial well-being. Living and breathing the credit union difference is always worth celebrating and we can’t wait to be with you in February 2022 to honor our movement’s exemplary leaders.”
The Herb Wegner Memorial Awards will be presented during the Credit Union National Association’s Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C. The Foundation Dinner will take place on the evening of Monday, February 28, 2022.
Due by Friday, July 30, nominations can be made for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are the three required steps to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form here.
- Gather at least five, but no more than ten, personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by July 30, 2021.
Questions about the Wegner Awards nomination process can be directed to Jenni Speth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.231.4979.