This week in Washington will be an active one with several bills up for review. This week on the House floor, a continuing resolution to fund the federal government will be considered. We expect all funding accounts to be continued during the period of the “CR” at fiscal year 2019 levels. At this time, no end date for the CR has been agreed upon.
Also, the House will bring up H.R. 1423, the Forced Arbitration Injustice Repeal Act. Finally, the House will consider a number of Financial Services Committee bills under suspension of the rules, including:
- H.R. 3625 – PCAOB Whistleblower Protection Act of 2019, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Sylvia Garcia / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 3619 – Appraisal Reform Act of 2019, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. William Lacy Clay / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 2290 – Shutdown Guidance for Financial Institutions Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Jennifer Wexton / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 2613 – Advancing Innovation to Assist Law Enforcement Act, as amended (Sponsored by Rep. Anthony Gonzalez / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 550 – Merchant Mariners of World War II Congressional Gold Medal Act of 2019 (Sponsored by Rep. John Garamendi / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 1396 – Hidden Figures Congressional Gold Medal Act (Sponsored by Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 3589 – Greg LeMond Congressional Gold Medal Act (Sponsored by Rep. Mike Thompson / Financial Services Committee)
- H.R. 1830 – National Purple Heart Hall of Honor Commemorative Coin Act (Sponsored by Rep. Sean Maloney / Financial Services Committee)
- S. 239 – Christa McAuliffe Commemorative Coin Act of 2019 (Sponsored by Sen. Jeanne Shaheen / Financial Services Committee)
The Senate is expected to consider of list of executive branch nominations.
Today, the Senate Appropriations Committee Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government will markup a bill making appropriations for Financial Services and General Government for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020.
The House Committee on Financial Services will hold a markup of pending legislation, including:
•H.R. 123, the FHA Additional Credit Pilot Program Reauthorization Act (Green)
•H.R. 132, the North America Development Bank Improvement Act of 2019 (Cuellar)
•H.R. 4029, the Tribal Eligibility for Homeless Assistance Grants Act of 2019 (Heck)
•H.R. 4067, the Financial Inclusion in Banking Act of 2019 (Scott)
•H.R. 4242, the Greater Accountability in Pay Act of 2019 (Velazquez)
•H.R. 4300, the Fostering Stable Housing Opportunities Act of 2019 (Dean)
•H.R. 4302, the Facilitating Access to Homeless Assistance Act of 2019 (Sherman)
•H.R. 4328, the Protecting Innocent Consumers Affected by a Shutdown Act (Waters)
•H.R. 4329, the ESG Disclosure Simplification Act of 2019 (Vargas)
•H.R. _____, to amend the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934 to allow for the SEC to seek and Federal courts to grant restitution to investors and disgorgement of unjust enrichment(McAdams)
•H.R. ____, the 8-K Trading Gap Act of 2019 (Maloney)
•H.R. _____, the Corporate Management Accountability Act of 2019 (Porter)
The Senate Appropriations Committee will hold markup to consider an original bill making appropriations for Financial Services and General Government for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020.
Read the full Washington Wire here.