The Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (Bank) is conducting an election to fill three member directorships and one independent directorship on its board of directors. An email inviting members to cast their ballots was delivered on Monday, August 22, 2022. Eligible institutions in Florida, Georgia, and Maryland will vote to fill the member directorship in their respective state, and eligible institutions across the Bank’s footprint will vote to fill the independent directorship. The deadline for submitting completed ballots is 5:00 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
All elected directors will serve four-year terms that begin on January 1, 2023.
The nominees for the Florida member directorship are, in alphabetical order:
- Eduardo (Eddy) Arriola, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Apollo Bank, Miami, Fla.
- Ryan G. James, President and Chief Executive Officer, Surety Bank, DeLand, Fla.
- George Joseph, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dade County Federal Credit Union, Miami, Fla.
- Suzanne Weinstein, President and Chief Executive Officer, Orlando Credit Union, Orlando, Fla.
- Lynne B. Wines, Director, BankUnited, National Association, Miami Lakes, Fla.
The nominees for the Georgia member directorship are, in alphabetical order:
- Nitin Shah, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Embassy National Bank, Lawrenceville, Ga.
- Rick Whaley, President, Chief Executive Officer, and Director, Citizens Bank of Americus, Americus, Ga.
The FHLBank Atlanta board of directors has nominated the following individual for the independent directorship:
- Kathleen C. McKinney, Senior Counsel, Public Finance, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, P.A., Greenville, S.C.
Every vote counts and it is important your voice is heard. In addition to voting for a candidate for election to a member directorship position, please be sure to vote for the independent director candidate. An independent director nominee must receive at least 20 percent of the votes eligible to be cast to be elected.
If you have any questions about the 2022 director election, please contact Tina Carew, Corporate Secretary, at 404-888-8549 or email@example.com.