Rick Olson kicked off his Coaching College with the Birmingham Chapter of Credit Unions this week. The program allows for 16-19 credit union employees to enroll in each class. The attendees are taking part in the following:
- Training sessions on the following themes:
- The Role of a Coach
- Coaching your employees through times of change
- Coaching for sales and service excellence
- Coaching the challenging employee
- Reading four outstanding leadership books and discussing how to implement takeaways in everyday practice.
- Participating in a personal 360-evaluation report which is a process through which indepth feedback from an employee’s subordinates, colleagues, and supervisor(s), as well as a self-evaluation by the employee themselves is gathered.
- Participating in four one-on-one coaching sessions with Rick for mentorship and growth.
Dade County FCU works with Dolphins to promote education
Dade County Federal Credit Union has joined with members of the Miami Dolphins on a financial education project. Dade County FCU, which recently signed a partnership agreement to become the preferred credit union of the NFL team, along with team members, presented “festive events” and financial literacy classes for elementary school students of Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
Most recently, students from Bennett Elementary and Golden Glades Elementary were taught financial basics by DCFCU representatives, including learning the differences between financial needs and wants, how to keep their money safe, and how they should learn to not only save and spend their money – but also share. Credit union employees then distributed kits for the students to create Moon Jar money boxes so they could start saving right away. Each child also received a small contribution to their savings from the credit union with the students who successfully answered questions from the lesson earning a little extra.
Following the financial literacy event, the students were bused to Aventura, FL, where they met Miami Dolphins players, cheerleaders, and front office staff. About a dozen Dolphins players participated, including veteran wide receiver Kenny Stills, 2018 first round draft pick and rookie safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, and rookie tight end Mike Gesicki.
AACFCU expands with opening of 23rd location
Bobby Michael, President/CEO of AACFCU said, “Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union is pleased to join the Midland City community with the opening of our newest location. We look forward to sharing our financial expertise and high-quality products and services with current and future members as the branch grows and becomes an integral part of this area.”
The new branch in Midland City is located at 12721 South County Road 59.