The voting period for two contested CUNA Board elections closed Dec. 18, and LSCU affiliated credit union leader Brian Best of GTE Financial Credit Union based in Tampa, Fla., was selected as a successful candidate for one of two Class C open positions.
A member of LSCU’s Board of Directors, Brad Green, president/CEO of Listerhill CU in Alabama, will serve again as one of CUNA’s Directors. Green will represent District 3, Class B, which includes Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Tony C. Budet of University FCU based in Austin, Texas, earned the second Class C position. Patrick Drennen of 1st Gateway Credit Union in Camanche, Iowa, was the candidate chosen for the District 4, Class A position.
Directors elected will take office upon the adjournment of CUNA’s Annual General Meeting in Washington, D.C., Feb. 24, 2020, during CUNA’s Governmental Affairs Conference.
CUNA’s Board has determined that a board candidate should possess certain qualities and characteristics. The CUNA Board also desires to be diverse and inclusive. The Board considers diversity to encompasses all the characteristics, experiences and cultural influences that make each person unique.
To be named to CUNA’s Board, candidates are expected to meet criteria, including:
- Demonstrated commitment and engagement in the CUNA/League System
- Involvement in their credit union community
- Proven decision-making skills
- Demonstrated local, state and national CUNA advocacy experience/efforts
- Business savvy
- Communication skills
- Strategic expertise
- Dedication to credit union values
- Leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring diversity and inclusion in professional settings, e.g. qualifications, experience, geography, demographics, etc.