Last week, the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Board of Directors election concluded resulting in the new appointment for District 3, Class B of Cecilia Homison, CEO of First Commerce Credit Union in Tallahassee, Florida. In November, Debbie Smith, President & CEO of Georgia United Credit Union in Duluth, Georgia was elected to Class C by acclamation to the CUNA Board. All appointment director-elect will officially begin their term on February 28, 2022.
Districts/Classes are defined as follows:
- District 1, Class A: Credit unions having less than 38,000 members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
- District 2, Class A: Credit unions having less than 38,000 members in Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- District 3, Class B: Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- District 5, Class B: Credit unions with at least 38,000 and not more than 141,000 members in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming.
- District 6, Class A: Credit unions having less than 38,000 members in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, American Samoa, Guam, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, Northern Mariana Islands, Palmyra Atoll, and Wake Atoll.
- Class C: Credit unions having at least 141,000 members, elected at-large nationwide.
- Class D: League Presidents, elected at-large nationwide.