With the prevalence of fraud during the pandemic, a new webinar presented by InfraGard Birmingham Members Alliance and the FBI Birmingham Division, in partnership with Kassouf & Co., P.C. will be held Nov. 18 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT to discuss the current landscape of financial fraud, the impact of COVID, the CARES Act, PPP Monies and the challenges facing financial institutions to prevent fraud amidst this chaos.
Participants will hear experts from the FBI, the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Fraud Examiners and others. Planned sessions include:
- Welcome from the Department of Justice and Opening Remarks: Prim Escalona, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama
- COVID-19 / PPP / CARES Act Related Fraud and Prosecutions: Kristen Osborne, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama
- Business Email Compromise & IC3 Recovery Asset Team & Kill Chain: Caroline Adams, Analyst, FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- COVID-19 Fraud Investment Schemes: Joe Borg, Director, Alabama Securities Commission
James McDowell, Chief of Cyber Operations, Alabama Securities Commission
- Investigating Telephone Scams Lynn Shobe, CFE, CFCI
Investigator, Jefferson State Community College Police
- Tracing Crypto Currency Transactions: Dr. Diana S. Dolliver, Associate Professor, Criminology and Criminal Justice
Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, The University of Alabama
- Using Big Data for Financial Crimes Forensics: Paul Perry, FHFMA, CISM, CITP, CPA, CDPSE – Leader of Security, Risk and Controls Group, and Member at Warren Averett
A limited number of tickets are being made available for LSCU affiliates, so register early using this ticket link.