Credit union supporters are encouraged to nominate individuals and organizations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards to be presented by the National Credit Union Foundation. Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards and fundraising gala on March 11, 2019 in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
Nominations need to be made by Aug. 10, 2018 for the following awards:
- The Outstanding Individual Achievement Award honors an individual who is dedicated to promoting the credit union philosophy, has created innovative concepts, and provided leadership that has had a significant and lasting impact on the local, regional, national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honors an organization, program or business for their innovative concepts, products, and services that have had a significant impact on the local and/or national and/or international credit union movement with measured results.
Nominations can come from individuals and/or organizations. The following are steps needed to make a nomination:
- Complete the Wegner Awards nomination form on the Foundation website (coop).
- Gather at least five personal recommendations citing examples of the nominee’s achievements relevant to the award criteria.
- Send the nomination form and recommendation letters electronically to the Foundation by August 10, 2018.
Questions about the Wegner Awards can be directed to Jennifer Speth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.231.4979.