Join in on the fun this year learning through Cash Hash! Here are the dates and topics:
07/25: Investing made easy, sort of.
08/23: Budgeting is NOT a 4 letter word!
09/26: Ready, set, CHARGE…but know the do’s and the don’ts!
10/24: College bound!
11/14: Be your own boss!
Financial Literacy Resources:
Does your credit union do financial education at schools and/or youth agencies? It’s time that our Alabama and Florida credit unions get credit on a national level for the great work that you do in financial education! Join this webinar to find out the importance of reporting your presentations and numbers of students reached AND how to do it!
When: Jun 14, 2018 10 a.m. Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Money as you grow website now on the CFPB site:
- Handout for middle childhood financial education
- Activities for children aged 6-12
- Jumpstart Clearinghouse
NEFE’s Smart About Money (SAM)
- Have the family make a SMART goal for a vacation, or even the child’s birthday party using this worksheet (give parents talking points that when a child asks for a toy at the store that they can remind him/her about this goal and that they as a family are choosing to save their money for the goal rather than buy the toy)
- Use the mindful spending worksheet to have parents complete with their child to start the conversation about something the child might want for their birthday/holiday.
- Share this article on how to teach kids the value of money, which includes activities and conversations for different age groups.
- Budget resources
Online budget wizard
- Self-paced courses for parents to complete, or to do as a family with children, to learn money basics or to make specific financial decisions, such as making a family transportation plan.