America’s First executives give back to those battling cancer
On Jan. 16, the America’s First Federal Credit Union’s senior executive team had the privilege of preparing and serving dinner for the residents of American Cancer Society Hope Lodge Birmingham. The American Cancer Society’s Joe Lee Griffin Hope Lodge is a free service available to cancer patients ages 18 and over traveling to Birmingham for cancer treatment. Each Hope Lodge guest may have one caregiver staying at Hope Lodge with him or her.
The American Cancer Society saves lives and creates more birthdays by helping you stay well, helping you get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back.
Keys supports Wounded Warrior Project Soldier Ride in January
Keys Federal Credit Union partnered with the Armed Forces Financial Network and the Defense Credit Union Council to support the Wounded Warrior Project Soldier Ride 2019. Earlier this month, the warriors pedaled across segments of the Florida Keys Overseas Highway including the Seven Mile Bridge, the longest of the highway’s 43 spans, and ended in Key West.
Soldier Ride is organized by the Wounded Warrior Project to raise public awareness of and support for the needs of severely injured members of the military involved in Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts.
Army Aviation Center FCU employees donates to local organizations during holidays
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) employees donated to families and individuals in need during the holiday season by partnering with several local charitable organizations. As part of the credit union’s annual tradition, AACFCU employees came together in a company-wide effort to collect gifts for children and seniors and decorate Christmas trees for local nursing homes.
As part of the organization’s ongoing #WeGiveBack efforts, the credit union delivered holiday cheer to 11 organizations, including:
• Crestview Manor in Crestview, FL
• Daleville Senior Citizen Center in Daleville, AL
• Enterprise Health and Rehabilitation Center in Enterprise, AL
• Mobile Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mobile, AL
• Oakview Manor Health Care Center in Ozark, AL
• Opp Health and Rehabilitation Center in Opp, Ala.
• Southeast Alabama Regional Council on Aging in Dothan, AL
• Troy Health and Rehabilitation Center in Troy, AL
• Volunteers of America Southeast in Mobile, AL
• Wesley Place on Honeysuckle in Dothan, AL
• Wiregrass Salvation Army’s Angel Tree Program in Dothan, AL